Private Antenatal Classes
Private One to One Antenatal Classes
Dublin Family Doulas are Dublin's first choice for unbiased, evidence based Antenatal Education.
This comprehensive one day Private Antenatal Class is held in the comfort and privacy of your own home. We understand how difficult it can be to ask the hard questions in a group setting.
"Will my vagina bounce back?" , "What will sex feel like?" , "What if I'm scared of pain?"
Dublin Family Doulas are experienced in every kind of birth. Whether you're hoping for an unmedicated home birth or want your epidural sited as soon as your feel the first twinge, we've got all the information you need.
Why choose our Private Antenatal Class?
- 1:1 setting at a time that suits your busy schedule.
- Tailor make your childbirth education class to the birth you want.
- Non judgemental support and evidence based information delivered confidently and compassionately.
- Confidentiality guaranteed.
What Does Our Private Antenatal Classes Include?
Dublin Family Doulas Antenatal Classes is a 1 day intensive class covering everything you want to know about pregnancy and birth. You will feel relaxed, prepared and ready for whatever comes your way on the day. Our antenatal classes include all options of birthing and support both medicated and non-medicated births.
- It's All In Your Head - mental preparation, equipping you with tools to help you feel calm and relaxed about the big day.
- Hormones In Labour - learn all about the hormones of labour and you can optimise them for your benefit.
- Physiology Of Labour - What happens, when and why.
- Pain Relief Options - Medical and non medical.
- Comfort Measures For Labour - A practical toolkit you can use to help you remain calm and comfortable. during each stage of labour.
- Know When To Go - Feel confident in knowing when the best time for you is to leave for the hospital or call your midwife.
- Birth Partner Tips - Helping your partner know and excel at their role on the day.
- Creating Birth Preferences - Why do it, what to write and how to present.
- Navigating Your Way - Feel confident and informed to make the best decisions for you and your baby.
Take this time out just for you and your partner to immerse yourself in as much, or as little information about birthing your baby as you need!
Except it's not magic, it's just plain old science.
Antenatal Classes for Partners.
Did you know that the Birth Partner has the biggest role on the day? We know that as the partner you are already thinking ahead and wondering what you should be doing on the day. Considering birth partners have only been welcomed back into the birth room in the last 40 years, we’re often the first generation to be in there. The good news is that we will teach you an array of tools and comfort measures you can use to support your partner as you welcome your little baby into the world. Nobody knows your partner as well as you do and we are sure that after this intensive class, you both will be able to handle whatever comes your way on the day. Like most other big events in your life to date, you’ll rock this birth together!
Birth after Caesarean
Deciding how to give birth after a caesarean is a personal decision. Here at Dublin Family Doulas we offer a 4 hour intensive VBAC antenatal class that can help you decide what path is right for you and your individual circumstances.
Clients who attend our VBAC antenatal class benefit from
Evidence based, up to date information surrounding VBAC birth
Comfort measures for labour
Education to improve the likelihood of having a VBAC birth
Resource referrals for further study
Personal experience from Becky, The Dublin Doulas owner and VBAC Mum
Unbiased, judgement free support to enable you to make the best choices for you and your baby.
These classes are held once per month at the City North Hotel, 15 mins from Dublin Airport.
Available as a 1:1 class on request.